Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Day 2-Deep Dive

Rockpoint Team

Today a group of us went to a home for handicapped children. Aside from being eyeopening and heartwarming, this visit was very hard, mostly because we had to leave these wonderful kids. I’ve never felt more loved in my entire life yet I continue fighting back tears. I grew up continuously asking for more; more toys, more clothes, more electronics, more, more, more. I believe that you could buy these children anything, but the only thing they'd truly want is your love. A little boy who had a hard time walking kept on climbing on our laps to give us kisses. This group of strangers who don't look like him, act like him, talk like him, entered his home and all he gave us was his LOVE. 
Today was incredible; a much needed wake-me-up. As I try to comprehend what I should take away from it the first thing that comes to mind would be to love with no restraints, always. 
-Corri 





Today nine of us went to the Home For Sick and Dying babies. This home consists of the Malnourished, ill, and occasionally the physically handicapped. This specific home is run full time by a group of gracious dedicated Sister who spend their days taking care of these children. At any rate, as a group of us walked into the Home we were instantly put to use, weather some cut up vitamins, or others fed children, or even playing with the children who are capable of moving freely. Today was no easy task. It broke my heart. Seeing children who were one to two years of age the size of a nine month old infant destroys me. All I am able to give is the love that God is pouring into me… but the astonishing part is the amount of love you receive from those who have nothing. If anything, today, God has showed me the true meaning of boundless love. I have seen the glorious works of God today through these children as you can hear stories of the children who come in malnourished and leave healthy. God is doing something in Haiti, God is here.
-Grace 





No comments:

Post a Comment